Monday, December 13, 2010

The vvshvut-vvshvut

I've been asking a few friends about favorite tools, and my favorite response so far has been 'the most useful tool in the kitchen is the mixer - no - the vvshvut-vvshvut.'  See, I've always called it that.  I think that its official title is an immersion blender, or some such nonsense.  It has always made more sense to call it by the noise it makes -vvvvshvut!
The thing is, it really is a remarkably useful device.  For blending small quantities, of liquids especially, the vvshvut-vvshvut can't be beaten.  It blends it thoroughly and quickly, all while emitting a loud, obnoxious, and yet slightly endearing noise which gave it its name.
I had a long discussion this morning about how to spell vvshvut-vvshvut.  My initial thought was vshfut-vshfut.  Someone suggested something with more v's: vvshut-vvshut or vshvut-vshvut.  I finally settled on the spelling which is the title of this post: lots and lots of v's.  vvvvvvvvssssshhhvvvut-vvvvvvvvssssshhhvvvut  might be more fitting, but it's also much harder to type, so I figure I can compromise with only three v's per syllable.
Fun stuff, huh?
I'm grateful for warm coats on cold mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment