Monday, November 29, 2010

Tablet Pens

I couldn't come up with a good topic today, so I asked some friends.  After rejecting 'Haircuts' for being too boring, I suppose I surprised even myself by accepting 'Tablet Pens' as a topic.  But hey, a topic is a topic.  Is a topic.  So here goes nothing:
Tablet pens, along with the ability to flip a screen flat, are the distinguishing feature of tablets.
There are three camps with regards to tablets: 'they're a pain and a waste of money,' 'they're worth their weight in gold,' and 'why are you guys making such a scene about it?'  I personally fall between the latter two.  I very much appreciate being able to write notes, since often math and science notes cannot be adequately typed.  But on the other hand, my computer is often rather intermittent, refusing to acknowledge the existence of the tablet function.  At those times, the tablet functionality seems like a waste of valuable resources.  So I'm torn. 
But when it comes to the tablet pen (excluding the tablet itself)...wow.  I love the ability to write on my screen, and I'm always forced to smile when I turn it over, almost by reflex, to 'erase' a stroke or two, and it actually erases!  Plus the pen is fun to fiddle with, whether just twirling it in my hand or shooting it out of the compartment on the side of my computer. 

For today, I'm grateful for modern technology and the ways it enlivens my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment