Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nice weather

That's one thing, at least, to be said for today. At the onset of winter, there is a preponderance of sunny, dry, chilly days. And those are positively glorious. Admittedly, the time of day I tend to favor, the morning, is downright cold, but I can still admire it from my window, and walking out in it to go to class is always nice. And blessedly short-lived. Otherwise I'd catch a chill and keep it...for next to eternity. Terrible circulation: once I get cold, I stay that way.  It takes a good, long run or a large bowl of steamy soup, or a long night sleeping under a mountain of blankets, to really warm me up. It's a shame, especially with months of cold weather coming up.  Even so, though, a fresh morning is a beautiful sight to behold.  Cold as it may be, the silence and stillness of an early morning is positively amazing (and I'm starting to run out of adjectives...).  A silent snow, bare trees, the abandoned footprints of a rabbit or squirrel.  The incredible stillness, the utter quiet...now I'm just repeating myself. Once again, I find I can't adequately use words to express the awe-inspiring sensation a glorious morning gives me.
Ah, well.  An interesting day.

On a completely unrelated note, a couple of close friends now know about this blog. I admit I'd intended to wait a little longer, to 'find my voice,' if you will, before sharing it.  But it's too late for that now.  The damage (or reinforcement?) is already done.

Finally, on a third and still completely unrelated note, a friend of mine recently decided to list one thing he was thankful for for each day this month.  I figured I might as well give it a shot:
Laughing hysterically at a friend tickling me.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment