Sunday, September 11, 2011

Painters' Tape, part III

In continuing my ever-enduring quest to replace duct tape with painters' tape on the list of things that make the world go round, I have a third episode. My watch broke - I lost the pin that held the watch band to the watch. I'm currently looking into buying a new band or a new watch, but for the time being, I've fixed it up with good ol' painters' tape. Just to document this, here it is:


Next step in making painters' tape make the world go round: connect the earth to the sun with a giant string of painters' tape...this could be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Seems to me you lost just a bit of functionality there... Might I recommend sacrificing a straight pin instead? if you don't have any shame on you. No need to buy a new strap. Straight skinny pieces of metal are not what you would call uncommon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got bored, so I did a little math.
    At about .0118lbs per yard according to google, and assuming 93000000 miles from earth to the sun, .0118lbs/yard*163,679,999,949yards = 1931423999 lbs of painters tape. Considering the mass of the earths is about 1.3166447E25, we're talking about using 1.467E-16 of the earth for this project. That seems a little excessive.

    ReplyDelete