Tuesday, December 6, 2011

There will be blood

And here I thought I had bad circulation when I had all my blood in my system...
I donated blood today, a pint, which ends up being around 10% of the blood in my veins. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. It's also nice to know that my blood, literally a part of me, might have some role in saving someone else's life. Oh, and the coupon to Coldstone certainly doesn't hurt. I'm sure I can find someone else who wants it.

I'm not allowed to do 'strenuous exercise' for the next (*checks watch*) 17 hours and 50 minutes. That meant that at today's Ultimate practice, I found myself in the role of filmmaker. It's funny how an hour and a half of watching Ultimate through a camera made me so much better at commentating. I still occasionally forget to pan with the play or some such rookie mistake, but I think I'm getting better.
Also, it's pretty darn cold for Southern California. It'll be just above freezing overnight. Standing around filming, in the cold, with rather substantially less blood than usual, when I have bad circulation even with all of my blood, is just a recipe for Frosty Freshman. It was a relief to eventually head to a team dinner in the pleasantly warm dining hall.
All in all, though, it was a rewarding experience, and I suspect I'll be donating again in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Wooo! They didn't reject you?
    Yesterday it finally got below 0 during the day. (You'll excuse me; CPU temperatures are read in C.)

    :)

    ReplyDelete