Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unicycling!

I started unicycling around a month and a half ago. I have a lot to say about it, so I may end up breaking this into multiple posts, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Part 1: Why I started
I've halfheartedly wanted to learn for a while. My Oma gave me a unicycle for my birthday years ago, but I never quite got the hang of it. Okay, fine, I never even got close to getting the hang of it. Harvey Mudd has a unicycling club, though, and I was free for a couple hours during their first meeting, so I thought I'd go check it out. It's a quintessential Mudd thing, really.
Other awesome reasons to learn, now that I know how:
1) Making fun of bicyclists for having too many wheels.
2) Making fun of bicyclists for not yet having lost their training wheel.
3) Flailing your arms like an idiot while balancing on one wheel is fun!
4) Unicyclists tend to be well-balanced people. (facepalm)
5) Getting funny looks from regular people when riding to buy groceries etc.
6) Instant identification as a Mudder anywhere in Claremont

1 comment: