Thursday, March 3, 2011

The best story in Chinese ever!

This morning, I was in Chinese class. We're beginning a transportation unit now, so we were telling a story. I happened to be the subject of the story. We concluded right at the beginning that I would be going to Poland. Here's a synopsis of the best Chinese story ever:

So I fly a little plane to Chicago, where I catch a larger plane, in which I fly to New York. From there, I climb aboard a boat and sail across the ocean. About a week later, I reach London, where I ask for directions to Poland. I catch a plane and go to Krakow. 

At this point, we all turn to a Polish/Swedish member of our class and ask 'what the heck in in Krakow?' He explains that there are lots of castles. Here ensued a discussion (in Chinese, of course) of what is in castles. 'Kings,' contributed my teacher. 'Dragons,' said a classmate

So I decided to visit a king in a castle, who has a really nice dragon. I ask if I can buy it, and he names a price. It's far too expensive for me to buy. So I steal it instead (a classmate's suggestion, not mine). I ride my new dragon from Krakow to Germany. 

There was a bit of a debate about whether my dragon could fly or not. I asserted that it most certainly could. It flew very well, thank you very much! But my classmates and teacher refused to accept that. So it was a long trek rather than a nice flight. 

Oh, and did I mention this dragon has six legs? He runs really fast, so it only took a little while to get to Germany. In Germany, I proceeded to drink a lot of beer (teacher's idea, not mine) and eat lots. By the time I wanted to leave, I was so fat that the dragon could no longer carry me. So I abandoned it and walked to France. Out of a lack of both money and anything better to do, I went to the Louvre on one of its free days, begged for some food, and then washed dishes until I was quite rich. With the proceeds from this, I flew back home and lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment